- Thoroughly moisten extensions with treatment, oil and rinse-free treatment.
If the extensions are dark-colored: apply a moisturizing treatment + conditioner.
If the extensions are light-colored: apply a fortifying treatment + conditioner.
- Protect extensions from heat (use heat protection).
- Untangle extensions daily, taking care to hold the hair at the root.
- Never brush the roots.
- Sleep with your hair braided or in a loose ponytail.
- Work your fingers between keratin bulbs daily.
- If a knot forms, have your stylist untangle it.
- Never shampoo in circular movements. Instead, work the shampoo with the palm of your hand and in linear movements towards the tips.
- Wait 48 hours before shampooing after a coloring.
- NEVER bleach extensions.
- Never apply an iron on the keratin and avoid heating it with the dryer.
- Build volume at the root of natural hair only.
- If you’re about to give birth: Keratin extensions are not recommended as childbirth may trigger hair loss. Instead, we recommend clip extensions.
Here are some of our master stylists’ favorite products to help care for your extensions:
- Redken Extreme MegaMask (for blonde extensions)
- Redken All Soft MegaMask (for dark extensions)
- Rusk Multi 12 + 1 Miracle Treatment
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
- Moroccanoil Oil Treatment